Carkeek Park + Beach Family Session: Tev, Riona + Cian

On Sunday afternoon, we finally had some amazing sun in Seattle (I had actually forgotten what sunshine felt like, it had been so long) and I headed over to Carkeek Park with Tev, Riona and Cian.  Riona wanted some photos to mark Cian’s turning 18 months, and it was pretty cool that we managed to hit the exact day.

The sun was a little too bright at first so we stayed low in the grassy area of the park where there was a lot of shade.  I followed Cian around as he explored the park and tried to find doggies to play with (I think there may be a fur kid in the Tate family future!)  We ended the afternoon on the gorgeous beach at Carkeek, where Cian found ducks to look at and pebbles to gnaw on (apparently they don’t taste so good …)  Thanks for a fun session and enjoy your teasers, guys!

[The small photos below are partial thumbnails; click on the first photo and you can then scroll through the gallery.]

[nggallery id=5]

© 2008 Kate McElwee Photography

2017-10-24T18:08:15+00:00 Families, Little Ones|

8 Comments

1. Tev January 20, 2009 at 10:29 am - Reply

Kate,
    These are so nice! You definitely were able to get his smile in there. I can’t wait to see them all!
    Tev

2. Riona January 20, 2009 at 11:43 am - Reply

Kate, they’re unbelievable!! I already have a couple of favorites in here. You really caught his expressive little face and eyes. We feel so lucky that you were able to do these for us. Thanks again.

3. Michelle January 20, 2009 at 3:56 pm - Reply

What a sweet family(:

I just want to squeeze that little guys cheeks!

4. Michelle January 21, 2009 at 11:48 am - Reply

He makes a great little model. 🙂 Gorgeous shots, lady!

5. Kate January 21, 2009 at 8:27 pm - Reply

Thanks folks! Cian is beautiful – those eyes make it so easy 🙂

6. paul January 22, 2009 at 7:53 am - Reply

These are wonderful photos. You have a superb eye. I’m not sure how you managed these with such harsh light.

I almost wish I could get married again so my wife and I could have you take our wedding pictures! :>

7. Elizabeth January 23, 2009 at 5:07 pm - Reply

What an adorable little boy! Those are great pictures:)

8. Corey January 24, 2009 at 5:53 pm - Reply

What a fun session!!! I miss the sun! That little boy is too precious – the one of him from the back throwing a rock (?) into the water is my FAVORITE!